
Hello everyone!
It's been some time since our last post in the site. Things backstage, however, have been quite active; We'd like to thank everyone for the continued patience and support, and for sticking with us through the pre-production stage of the game.
This post serves two purposes. First, to assure everyone that we're still alive, and the game project is also alive and kicking. Work has been done, engines have been learned, characters have started to be implemented in placeholder form to help with that learning, and the character design aspects have progressed as well, (Have we mentioned that Lauren is narfin' awesome yet?).
Some of the technical things we have been working on are intended to adapt the Z-Engine art & programming pipelines to our own methods of doing things, as well as building tools to make this process easier; Foremost in these new set of tools at our disposal is a new hitbox editor. As Mike Z and LabZero can tell you (and you can see in their work streams), they have been working so far with a paint-program-made-hitbox-editor, assembled out of necessity and perhaps not quite the best tool for the job. Our programmers -Beta and Kenneth- have then been working on creating a different hitbox editor for use with the Z-Engine, automating some of the process and making the designers' lives a bit easier.
(cont'd after break)
Here's how it looks at the moment
And here's a (WIP) preview of what we're working towards.
Pretty, ain't it?; Still a work in progress; It's getting there, in terms of functionality, has already saved the team lots of time doing hitbox creation and edition, and will do so even more once the game hits full speed on production.
Also, yeah. That's a first look at one of the new characters Lauren and CoreDev are working on. ;) - It's also a placeholder sketch made by Nappy to test both the hitbox editor and learn the Z-engine reins on importing assets and creating movesets. Don't think we -have- to tell you, but will do anyways: 'Tis a work in progress. You'll notice there is no colours or shading or patterns, and it's a rough sketch instead of the polished animation model it will be in the final product. We'll also be incorporating a lot more feedback from Lauren (and be closer to her unique and rather awesome art style) when the final animation passes start rolling in.
Still, even though the looks will change as development goes along, we're quite confident in the basics, and thus, you get your first peek.
Speaking of Nappy, and moving on to the second point of this post:
Gamespot published their "Fighting Games Symposium 2013" yesterday, and our own lead developer got to have a few words on the current state of the fighting game genre, its future and some of his thoughts on it all, along with a great lineup of developers, sponsors and tournament organizers. You can read it over here, leave a comment and join the discussion.
Thanks again to everyone for the continued interest and support!
- M6 DevTeam
___
Production content shown here is meant to
give people a "behind the scenes" look to the development process
of the game, and as such, might change in a future (or have
changed already); While it gives a good representation of our working
process, it might not reflect the final product/live release accurately,
due to later mechanic and content change decisions or adjustments.
First, etc.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for this game to be released!
ReplyDeleteSo we're playing with cows instead of ponies ? Neat.
ReplyDeleteThe art style kind of reminds of ponies... So that's a good thing :D
ReplyDeleteWe're not going to have Fausticorn appear in this game as a hidden boss, are we?
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see that this game is still alive. looking fancy, as well. good work!
ReplyDeleteSo hype, thanks for keeping on keeping on, guys!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that this is still on track. I actually think I can see the Faust influence even in the basic lineart, which is really cool. Major kudos to Lauren for helping the project move forward from that unfortunate C&D.
ReplyDeleteWe all wish you guys the best : ) Ganbatte, Mane6! ^O^/)
ReplyDeleteMike still rocking dat JASC xD
ReplyDeleteInb4 Milk shooting like in the movie kung pow
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for this!!
ReplyDeleteBy the time things have finalized, this character design could look radically different from the final design. I'm excited to see how much more creative and awesome this character will look when the game comes out! :D
ReplyDeleteEeeheeheehee~
ReplyDelete* clappyhands *
Not just cows, but other animals to,
ReplyDeleteHopefully there will also be a wolf in the character list. :D
671,000,000 damage!
ReplyDeletepost-pony AJ is still OP nerf plz
Hasbro should have accepted the mane6 into their business,
ReplyDeletenow they have lost a big opportunity.
Lol the game is going to be awesome :3 and please SOMEONE find a glitch or make a bot to go back to fighting is magic (however you break games xD)
ReplyDeleteGlitch: Not going to do what you think it will.
ReplyDeleteBot: Even LESS likely to do what you think it will.
Breaking games: Not what you think it means.
Remarkable! <3
ReplyDeletei love you guys, i have missed you guys, it is so good to see you guys post again. looking forward to more info in the coming months!!!
ReplyDeleteI cant wait for this to come out! I hope it has all the original characters and the new ones from the teaser. (please correct me if i'm wrong as I am new to this site as to the progress of the game) Still sucks that Hasbro is pulling the old "copywrite infringement" card. Hope this game is up soon.
ReplyDeleteYes! a wolf character would be awesome! :D
ReplyDeletePlease tell me this will,also get a console release as well
ReplyDeleteAlright, new NEWS! Glad to see an update from you guys. Been busy trying out Skullgirls on the PC that I kind of almost forgot about coming here. (My apologies) I love the character design already! Also seeing her using a very familiar move, I take it that the move sets will be pretty similar to the original game right? I look forward to seeing the next update from you guys, until then keep it going! We believe in you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat animation seems reminiscent of what you had for AJ's overhead a little bit! Cool and interesting stuff for sure :)
ReplyDeleteI would had been, but I been sleeping... Just for time zone sake, make it a tie and...
ReplyDeleteHAZZAR AN UPDATE! =D
My best friend and I would love that. Wolfs are awesome. =D
ReplyDeleteGlad to see things trundling along~ missed watching updates from you chaps
ReplyDeleteToo soon to tell, but it would be nasty to beat the BEST creator ever known up in a game. Unless it is super hard that gives us the most beating, (but I don't think it will be a pony)
ReplyDeletePlus I don't think they planned out secret characters/bosses yet. (I love them) But if everypony keeps mentioning it, they may just get it.
NEW UPDATE!!! YES!!!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as the email appeared in my inbox, boom i'm here and
awesome to read more about the progression on the game hehe!
Liking the way that character is looking as well!
Ah Hitboxes...seeing some advanced hitbox and how y'all are developing on it is surely nice and great indeed!...Eeyup!
Keep on the amazing work y'all at Mane6! ^^
I don't get it either... they had the Royal Canterlot Wedding Part 2 episode were there was playful fighting with changelings. This game had cartoon playful-violence WITH NO BLOOD. After 2 years in production they just had to hit us HARD. Seriously, that really hurt. :(
ReplyDeleteDo you guys ever give up... Fighting is Magic (previous version) has passed away. We have to move on. -_-
ReplyDeleteWhich reminds me, there is a Warcraft III like Flash game of MLP. It's on newgrounds if ya want same MLP action.
Sorry, I meant "some MLP action." at the end.
ReplyDeleteProbably, but not defiantly.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally looking forward to this. It's pretty cool getting o see the new character.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the spot at the symposium!
Ya profile icon looks so cute... (just saying) ^_^
ReplyDeleteThis tool looks promising. I would if anypony is going to be brave enough to take this ball with the horns.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, suddenly, I'm reminded of Iron Will.
Awww thanks! It's super cute indeed hehe!
ReplyDeleteIt's filly derpy which is very adorable. =D
Here's the gif animation of filly Derpy, you'll certainly squee!
http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw4670-Derpy_Hooves_-_super_adorable_cute_filly_animated.gif
Anyways hi! Nice to meet you Luna Fan (i'm a fan of Luna too!) May you have an fantastic day/night and keep on being awesome! ^^
Maybe become good friends too! =)
I take it that this is highly not going to be answered, but have ya got some possible names for the character?
ReplyDeleteI would totally get that.
ReplyDeleteNice to see their working in this awesome game.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what other characters are included!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping for a bird or dragon, whether they actually fly or not!
I am so stoked!
Yeah i actually want a bird character too or a bunny X3
ReplyDeleteBetter link to gamespot article. Page 5 - http://www.gamespot.com/features/fighting-games-symposium-2013-6411216/?page=5
ReplyDeletewell im glad your all still alive and kicking lol and i wish you doods the best of luck when making this game though i still wish it was mlp lol oh well i know the games gonna be awesome im rooting for you doods. oh and Lauren your amazing cant emphasize that enough lol :D
ReplyDeleteI totally played Nappy last night on Skullgirls, though it was an embarrassing defeat. It kind of reminded me that you guys were still at this (that and Evo of course). And lo and behold, there's a progress update in my inbox this morning.
ReplyDeleteThat is really the only thing that bothers me most about the C&Ds Hasbro has been handing out. Does Hasbro have a pony fighting game? Or pony game period? Even like on sites like Shapeways, the people who were making Pony figures got C&Ded. That's pretty textbook copyright infringement, so, duh of course it happened. What bothers me is Hasbro itself doesn't create figures anywhere near that quality. I wouldn't mind these things as much if Hasbro actually had an alternative to them. :|
ReplyDeleteBulls, cows and llamas seem fun!
ReplyDeleteI still have my fingers crossed for a Giraffe of Kirin. Kirin is extremely unlikely, but I have seen at least a couple others agree with my previous giraffe suggestions. Dat lethal neck-swing, muahaha.
ReplyDeleteI hope for nothing but the best for the Mane Six team. These guys have been at it, through thick and thin (and thinner... thinner... and thinner...), and been going strong. I can't wait to see the influence that the Skullgirls Engine and Lauren Faust bring to this project! =D
ReplyDeleteIf you intended to, you probably already would have, but...any chance we could get say...a character species list?
ReplyDeleteYea I would love one of those high quality figurines. The ones I seen by them are not really as good as the shows quality.
ReplyDeleteI guess we never know why, why Hasbro didn't try to come to an agreement or something and start selling HIGH quality figurines.
I hear somewhere that someone from Hasbro said they are HAPPY that older people brony/pegasisters watch the show. But I guess they are just over protective. But I do understand where they coming with copyright and stuff... -_-
If she does appear, I'd imagine that she would have godlike moves a la Orochi or Igniz from King of Fighters, or at least be similar to Holy Order Sol from Guilty Gear.
ReplyDeleteThat would be annoying and strange at the same time...But I guess everypony has tastes. o_0
ReplyDeleteCows. Kewl.
ReplyDeleteIt saddens me to read words such as "first peek", "learning the engine" and "preproduction" when the original game was supposed to have been out for a few months... even if it only had been the first 6 playable characters.
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me... Will we ever hear what ponycharacters you had planned besides the mane6?
Don't bother asking, they never reply to that question even though it has been asked countless times, even I have asked...
ReplyDeleteIt would probably be put in the FAQ section in the future.
I see, that's a shame... Thanks for telling me though.
ReplyDeleteGuess we have another couple of long years of waiting ahead of us. Sigh...
I hope there's a bear in this. :P
ReplyDeleteI really want to see someone like Centaur Warrunner from DotA 2.
ReplyDeleteThey're Alive! Hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteGood job! Hope for more news more frequently!
ReplyDeletethis is amazing :3!
ReplyDeleteTHEY ARE STILL ALIVE! HEEEEYAAA!
ReplyDeleteThat is one badass cow. Her facial expression gives me the impression that she might be a Blood Knight. :O Neat-o.
ReplyDeleteWatch out for that farmer's elbow :o
ReplyDeleteDon't get fooled though, seeing how they're essentially giving the old characters a reskin and implementing them into a new engine, a good chunk of the work has already been done as far as designing the actual *game* goes. This move is the exact same animation as AJ's jumping light attack / standing overhead. Once the "real" production starts the game will already be halfway done.
ReplyDeleteViking Caribous
ReplyDeleteNah, I'm getting the feeling that this is going to be an "everything with HOOVES, other than Ponies" game, which is fine by me. Wolf fans are crazy. Put a wolf in and suddenly people will be demanding Foxes and Snow Leopards, and it would just devolve in to a "Furry" game, rather than being something unique to itself. NO Wolves please ... thank you ...
ReplyDeleteMrs. Lauren Faust is helping with this, it'll look a lot like ponies
ReplyDeleteSo ya saying they are planning of replacing the characters with a new related move-set for them? Didn't know if it was true. Nice. ^_^
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of animal will be used for magic...? Hmmm... *thinks* :3
Ah, those boxes. Saw them in Skullgirls Beta (via steam). Quite awesome stuff.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work
If they keep it balance between vicious and calm creatures, I think that will keep it equal for everypony.
ReplyDeleteI'm not super on wolfs, but I like them.
Woo, although it came out yesterday, reading this today was a great birthday present. Glad to see you guys are still working hard and can't wait to see what you guys create since your previous work was so amazing.
ReplyDeleteIt's not part of the plans right now. Lots of things would have to happen first. Game releasing on PC, for one.
ReplyDeleteWe -have- some... (Well, several)... but we can't tell just yet. They do have to pass legal first.
ReplyDeleteNo, sorry, but I was most definitely here first, lol. I was waiting while Anu posted it, so there was roughly a 12 second delay while I refreshed and made my post.
ReplyDeleteI thought the legal checks for names would had been done now? o_0 But thanks for answering my QnA. Really glad ya guys have decided to post a little something. ^_^
ReplyDeleteIt's a lengthy process... and one that requires to get some money thrown at.
ReplyDelete*gives medal for 'first one here award'*
ReplyDelete'Rarity's tongue': Let's never speak of this again. ^_^
What the hell.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm intrigued. Why can't you just, like, give them a name? What is it that has to *happen* beforehand?
Haha, I'm just always one of the very first here. Came with the job.
ReplyDeleteRemember how they got told to stop because they were using names and likenesses of ponies? Yeah. That's why. Being a brand new game, they want everything on the right foot, and thus don't want any trouble from anyone.
ReplyDeleteCopyright and trade mark or what ever...
ReplyDeleteSome company could pick a fight with them, if the name is interfering with one of their owned company names. But I got to agree, owning a name is stupid as hay, because many ponies can have the same name...
But it is just a safety, in case somepony decides to be another Hasbro.
Okay be honest guys, are ya actually keeping the move-sets from the previous project, but replacing the characters? Somepony believes that this cow is a replacement for AJ. But that elbow attack does look like her style of attack.
ReplyDeleteremember the 3 shillouettes lauren made and were posted before? tjhis is the one from the middlew. i think it's apple-cow :p
ReplyDeleteYeah well this much I figured. I was wondering about what this ominious "legal process" could entail. Like who do you go to to get "permission" to use a name? Who is able to "prove" it's not too familiar to a pony name or what have you?
ReplyDeleteI don't doubt that you can easily contract people to juridically cover your back along every single step you take to safeguard against every ever so slight possibilty of trouble, no matter how unnecessary or sensible. It just seems a tad paranoid from where I'm standing, like at the point where you don't want to disclose anything out of fear of legal consequences before you had someone look over it for money.
You're alive!
ReplyDeleteDon't care what majority of people say. It's still great to see you back, ponies or not! Getting really excited to see the end product. Are you planning on releasing any betas, or will it be kept secret, same as Fighting is Magic? How many characters do you plan to have and will you be working on it post-release?
well, i heared the mane6 said that will make the main 6 characters (like the previous game) using the same moves and movelists, then will continue with a full roster.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I think. I am excited for the end product too. We will have to see how it turns out, after all.
Yea it would be good if they released a demo with 2 playable characters (as a starter) and would make bug finding easier if they provide a form to report to. But I doubt it.
ReplyDeleteIt would make bug finding easier? You clearly don't know how good Oreo and I are at this, haha.
ReplyDeleteEh, well. The Pony version of Fighting is Magic will be from underground development soon enough.
ReplyDeleteI have an idea for a character you guys could use: Jenny Everywhere.
ReplyDeletehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Everywhere
(^_^) Yay! Updates!
ReplyDelete...? Are you saying you're a beta tester? o_0
ReplyDeleteIf this game has a bird or any other avian-like character, I gonna drop every other fighting game I own and play the shit out of this one~!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to it (does it have a name yet?)
I wish you all the best~ =)
... I think you may want to go reread this: http://www.mane6.com/2013/03/engine-get-and-three-short-stories.html
ReplyDeleteSpecifically the last bit of "Return of the DevTeam".
No wonder we don't recognize ya in charge of help leading QnAs.
ReplyDeleteThey said: (Cam McFarlane) NOT (CamTSB)... >_>
I just thought ya very a often visitor like me.
Yeah, but the Cam McFarlane links to my twitter, which is CamTSB, haha. That's why being here first "comes with the job". I knew the post was coming. And it's not QnA. QA stands for Quality Assurance, as in making sure the game is not mad broken.
ReplyDeleteHow difficult would it be to get the new game on Steam?
ReplyDeleteCan not wait yay
ReplyDeleteSo, with Lauren on the team, there's a chance she'll get to realize her dream of integrating viking caribou. Guys, we could potentially play as VIKING CARIBOU. So much want at this moment.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what the other characters would look like? I wonder if one of them would be a wolf? :o
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see that these guys (and Lauren included) are still keeping their project going. Keep it up. ;D
Tsuaf Nerual, em llik tsum uoy, emag eht niw ot!
ReplyDeleteWhile it's still a dang shame Hasbro had to write the C&D letter. (Which I imagine was much more devastating to the Mane6 staff, rather the fans/ followers) I do look forward to the the new idea of this, and will start to check up constantly for new updates again. Glad to see the game is still alive!
ReplyDeleteNow stupid question, but is this Faust, or some other Lauren?
ReplyDeleteBecause any time someone uses Lauren and MLP in the same page, my mind automatically thinks Faust.
Sorry to waste your time.
Not a glitch or bot, but a mod, is what you want.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait! (I bet Lauren has some designs that were supposed to be background ponies in the show, but were never used so they aren't technically owned by Hasbro...heh heh heh.)
ReplyDeleteThis is gonna get brutal.
ReplyDeleteME GUSTA ALREADY.
Yes.
ReplyDeleteand still, i belive somefan outthere will find a way to rip the final proyect and change the sprites into what was the "original idea"
ReplyDeleteWhen I read about the Viking caribou idea not being used in MLP, that was my first thought. It'd be pretty awesome if an unused idea from MLP ended up in the game... it'd be a nice way to keep it connected to the original concept somewhat.
ReplyDeleteVIKING CARIBOU.
ReplyDeleteVIKING CARIBOU.
SO MUCH WANT
If it has a cheetah in it I'd be happy.
ReplyDeleteEspecially space cheetahs or cheetah cabbits.
Or heck Cabbits even.
Just saying.
Last cheetah in a fighting game was Transformers Beast Wars GBC Japan only, so ya, need more cheetahs in fighting games.
I'm sure they'll balance it out well as well I have faith in these devs and the help they'll have with Lauren.
Best of luck guys, can't wait to see the first bit of gameplay.
Would it have the mechanic where it hurts you every time you hit them? Because that would be annoying in a fighting game.
ReplyDeleteAs long as it's still alive, I'm happy =D
ReplyDeleteHave you heard of the open game art bundle? There pretty close to reching there goal http://open.commonly.cc/
ReplyDeleteYep, it's the Faustinator herself. Exciting, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt does look awesome but I have one simple question:
ReplyDeleteWhat is the cows' name or doesn't she have a name yet (» community poll maybe)?
MfGebirges
They got some ideal names, but haven't decided yet. Plus they are currently finishing the legal checks.
ReplyDeleteSeen a few others hoping for a wolf. But we may just get get lucky.
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing about this unused Viking character, can someone provide a link for an image please.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me know on my error.
ReplyDeleteBut trust me, even if betas/testers check something, there is always something that slips through. This is when repeated new patch/updates are done after.
But good luck with the testing later. ^_^
Guys...?
ReplyDeleteThis question is a little confusing, which do you mean. Do you mean "block-damage", "no-block-at-all" or "unblock-able-attack"?
ReplyDeleteBut after saying this, I hope they provide match options for this game.
Wolfs are overused and lame. The only people who'd want a wolf are most likely furries in need of something they can identify with while drawing/watching porn.
ReplyDeleteSame goes for foxes.
Awwwwwwwww, cuuute. ^_^
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the same reaction when Twi bumped into her brother as a filly, while reading a book? (Canterlot Wedding Part 1)
Here's a super-cute-happy Luna animated gif:
http://iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/mlp/gif/21846__safe_princess-luna_animated_filly_cute_happy_artist-unknown_heart-attack.gif
If ya like MLP animated gifs, check out this site. It's the best MLP animated gif searcher I have ever used. Even has quiz tests (very hard and challenging). I only scored average on most of them.
(Everypony that agrees it's cute, vote up)
Time zones? What an excuse! You just sleep during the day to honor your princess :P
ReplyDelete*laughs out loud* XD
ReplyDeleteYou caught me there. But come on, she has worked hard with aligning the stars and providing us the beautiful night.
But yes, I do honor my Princess.
- For the Princes of the Night.
I see no poni
ReplyDeleteBy the way guys, congratulations for being in Equestria Daily. ^_^
ReplyDeleteExcellent!
ReplyDeleteOh, her creation is something to behold!
ReplyDeleteI've stayed up all night long as well :P
Will there be any of character have different move from the original mane6 cast?
ReplyDelete...How many ways can I object to that?
ReplyDelete...What, it won't be a furry game with herbivores only?
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you're keeping up with the news.
ReplyDeleteWith Greenlight, it'd depend on the fans; We'll cross that bridge once we get to it.
ReplyDeleteI have asked but no answer yet... They probably won't answer it until further notice, until they are solid on their decisions.
ReplyDeleteI think there was a cheetah in Bloody Roar. Or maybe it was a leopard. There's tons of cats in there and I don't really know the difference.
ReplyDeleteThis is gonna be awesome. /)^3^(\
ReplyDeleteWell... if Laura is on your team Then why doesn't she just tell Hasbro to allow Fighting is magic? you already put hard work into THAT
ReplyDeleteIt isn't as simple as you think...
ReplyDeleteBut I'm only guessing here but, "I think" how it works is... Lauren created Friendship is Magic (AWESOME, I LOVE IT, anyway), but she given it to Hasbro and they have full control what they do with her work now, after paper work, agreements and stuff. Plus I think this question was asked, but no answered it. (but I think that's how it works)
Also I mentioned a while back, that Hasbro ignored the DevTeam requests for a special permission. This lead them to a dead end, so they had no choice but comply with the C&D or get into trouble. Still, IT SUCKS, because they were not making any profit and was harmless fun, even for kids...
We haven't really thought a lot about release schedule yet. We still play a few things by ear! :)
ReplyDeleteForgot to add, that the C&D, says that they have to destroy ALL related files to the project. So they can't revive the project now because it's gone.
ReplyDeleteBut I think this rule only excludes the created music that is on YouTube.
Thanks for the reply. ^_^
ReplyDeleteAlso good luck with things... I'll be following this project through.
My reply should had been moderated by now, how are we supposed to know if they been accepted or declined... *sigh*
ReplyDeleteHere's a super cute Luna animation, I sent hours ago, I know ya like.
htt p : / / iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/mlp/gif/21846__safe_princess-luna_animated_filly_cute_happy_artist-unknown_heart-attack . gif
^ Just remove the spaces to view it. And that Derpy one ya sent is sooo cuuute... ^_^
Same here! Still hoping for hippogryphs! : )
ReplyDeleteHippogryphs...? That would make an awesome substitute for RD. Speed and power. That WILL be 120% awesome. ^_^
ReplyDeleteThank for letting me know
ReplyDeleteI been looking at the board a few times today and I maybe wrong. I read somewhere that they maybe overwriting the models but keeping the moves but I haven't found any solid evidence to support this though.
ReplyDeleteThe only reason I may it may not be true because of the attack animations for the old project. Like:
- Rarity firing gems out the ground
- Fluttershy's bear rampaging
- Twilight's spell book
(I can't remember the videos on YouTube properly though)
But that cow/bull looks like one of Applejack's kind of moves. But like I say nothing solid to confirm this.
"Furry" in quotes, referencing the fact that the fandom is extremely carnivore-centric.
ReplyDeleteLauren doesn't own MLP:FiM or anything relating to it, despite being its creator. Hasbro is the sole owner of the MLP franchise and has the ultimate authority to dictate what can or can't be done with it; Lauren was simply contracted to work for them. She has no say in the matter.
ReplyDeletePlease don't try to bypass the link filter; It's there for a reason.
ReplyDeleteYour message actually -was- moderated ages ago; If it is still not showing for you, try hard refreshing the page.
Thanks.
Any chance we may see this game on consoles?
ReplyDeleteI'm honestly jealous that they get to watch Miss, Faust in action.
ReplyDeleteCool that someone made a free to use character, but that's pretty far from the kind of game we are making!
ReplyDeleteYeah we're keeping the movesets mostly intact (since they pretty much worked). We'll be making the personalities similar but different. For instance our "new Rainbow Dash" will still be the type of character how likes to get up in your face with no fear and lots of physical attacks and aerial shenanigans, but there are many angles of personalities that could reflect that style of play.
ReplyDeleteEssentially, all those coloured boxes you see in the pic above won't be changing MUCH from our old game (except when rebalancing), and we have a few things we can do in this new engine that we couldn't before, so some things WILL change for sure.
I hope we get viking caribou!
ReplyDeleteA lot actually, but nothing you'd say would change the fact that wolves and foxes are ranking very high in the furry community, especially it's 'bad' part.
ReplyDeleteProbably but not definitely. This question was already answered on this board yesterday by the way...
ReplyDeleteShe didn't really "give it" to Hasbro as they already owned the IP. It was more like "Hey, Lets hire Lauren Faust to make a new MLP cartoon so we can sell toys!" She never owned anything related to MLP, yes she was one of the creators of the new cartoon but in the end she was just a hired worker.
ReplyDeletewat
ReplyDeleteThey can still use the old moves even if the animations are changed. The charging bear could be anything, like a truck or something, as long as it works the same way.
ReplyDeleteAwesome guys, thanks for the reply, I'm really looking forward to this more. ^_^
ReplyDeleteSorry about that guys... Just didn't have a clue if it was deleted or accepted, doesn't show any notification. Also, thanks for the warning.
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to the character?! He looks hideous with that diabolical face! :O Nevertheless, I am still expecting some butt-kicking, dynamic action from y'all, although I miss AJ's rodeo rope swinging and bucking... ;( *sniff*
ReplyDeleteI heard the little hearsay that Lauren is working with y'all. *WOOOHEE* I cant wait to see her fancy, cool character designs, considering her other masterpieces were unquestionably impeccable: KND, FHOTMF, PPG. Y'all are an inspiration to us; persistent, obstinate and determined. Be the best of the best!
Whether this game will come as free or with cost, I will definitely experience the fun. Good Luck, there are people, like me, who are cheering for ye, and visiting this place for a newest update!
I know that site already and been using it since it was fairly new! I took the quiz as well during 2011 too hehe (I still have my results!).
ReplyDeleteYes-sirree...daww so cute! I certainly love Luna and this is just so adorable seeing filly Luna! =D
Thanks for sharing and have an wonderful day/night LunaFan! I surely do hope we become good friends!
(if you have twitter, contact me on there and i'll be happy to chat with ya! @NwiiKYAmm )
I knew ya would like it. ^_^
ReplyDeleteI'm not really on any chat sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
But I'm on FanFiction with me (NightfallTheDragon) and my co-author who are writing a fanfic.
Ah Fanfiction...how interesting that you make fanfics with your friend/co-author! =D
ReplyDeleteI don't have an account and i'm not much of an reader (as in I don't read fanfiction, rarely I do because...umm..I just do hehe. Doesn't mean I don't like it because honestly...I love it and the work many people put into creating fun/interesting stories!)...but still thanks for telling me!
No problem. ^_^
ReplyDeleteI thought for a possibility that you would be one of my favourite authors (has a Derpy icon too).
Yea, don't worry about it. Everypony has different tastes. I didn't think I would had become an author to be honest.
Nice meeting ya Jake. ^_^
- NightfallTheDragon
Signing your username...how nice. =)
ReplyDeleteAlso my tastes in fanfics are the same as everypony elses...I love them! It's just that...allow me to be crystal clear on why I don't read fanfics that much.
Because i'm just not feeling the mood to read them...though rarely because I feel interested in reading one but just rarely. I blame the internet, my video games, friends, and fun hehe!
That's why...I like/love lots of fan-fiction that I see created! Not all of them of course...just a lot that I may like/love! I'm thinking the same about your fanfics as well Nightfall the Dragon (nice name).
Anyways it was super to meet you as well and continue to have an sweet and kindful day/night!
Site's acting up again... Didn't know ya replied until after refreshing the page.
ReplyDeleteI understand, when there is a lot of excitement and interaction, it is easier to get into it.
I'll be on this bored for a while during development, so it won't be the last time ya see me here.
^_^
You know, I don't think that it is possible to describe all the different ways in which I find these anti-wolf comments offensive. Seriously, this is just dumb, people.
ReplyDeleteCool! I'll certainly be on here when new news is posted as well (maybe commenting on it or not...depends.)
ReplyDeleteYup! So...you don't have an google account right? No youtube/gmail/etc? Just wondering...
Nah, she'd be the tutorial teacher, like in Fire Emblem.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if there will be any new MOOOO-ves for the new characters. :3
ReplyDeleteLooking great so far!
ReplyDeleteI really like how you are making a proper hit box editor. After I heard Mike talk about how he still uses a paint-esque program he made in college I felt like I should start working on something better for him to use.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one!
I recognize the "Pony Elbow" by AJ. Are we going to see the cow version of AJ? Bionic Farm? Animal Crossups? I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME!!
ReplyDeleteIt's more of a private area my email... I'm very secure with this stuff if ya know what I mean.
ReplyDelete-
I'm Tumblr though. Just search (Tumblr NightfallTheDragon) on Google if ya interested.
Ya mentioned your a gamer, I created a PS3 theme too. Search for ("princess luna/nightmare moon" ps3 theme) with the quotes if ya interested.
Technically I'm not sure we are supposed to be talking about this kind of stuff on here, but I guess nopony minds as long as we don't over do it.
Didn't hasbro own the my little pony franchise way before faust became it's producer for hasbro, therefore she doesn't have much say in what they should do with it.
ReplyDeleteOkay, don't yell at me, I know it's happen and gone and all. I am really looking forward to this new game too. But, I can't get this thought out of my head. So I just got to ask:
ReplyDeleteDoes anypony else think that tournament was a set up? I recall that the mane6 didn't know until later that day that they became part of it? It just sounded like it made them a bigger target to be C&D even though it may had happen sooner or later...? What ya think?
Character's open-source, you can make her into anything you want to, including an animal. You just gotta remember to include the little paragraph explaining that she's free-to-use.
ReplyDeleteHey that works!
ReplyDeleteIt feels safer using their own creations though, don't won't to risk being set up or something. But either way, it is up to them on what they want.
ReplyDeleteActually, I got to agree. ^_^
ReplyDeleteBut I hope it won't be a training dummy though, that would be "so" wrong.
By the way, I haven't seen/played FE, so don't get the wrong idea...
The tournament was planned from the beginning. The devs just didn't know how BIG of a part they would play when it happened. The problem wasn't that the con was badly run or anything, it was just that the staff didn't do their jobs. There was one guy running a bracket who didn't even own a console or play any video games whatsoever, so Jay basically took over, and with the help of a few FGB members, everything finally got up and running.
ReplyDeleteI see... Sorry, but I had to asked, I just couldn't get the thought out my head.
ReplyDeleteErr what's "FGB" mean by the way?
This site is getting very difficult to scroll due to leg the of comments, but I guess I can't fix that. Sorry I'm yapping on...
Umm...thanks for answering but I don't want to know your email, what I meant was if you have an google account or not? I should've been a bit more clear haha, yeah.
ReplyDeleteIf yes...I can add you on Google+ and we can chat on there more! =)
You're on tumblr eh? That's nice, I don't have an tumblr account but thanks for telling me my new friend ol' pal of mine!
Oooo you created an Luna/Nightmare Moon PS3 Theme eh? Cool! Just so you know i'm using an custom MLP-FiM theme on my PS3 hehe! Stiil it's awesome you created one yourself, thanks for telling me!
Hmm...I understand what you mean as we're going off-topic but...at this point it won't matter as we both already talked about the article and that nopony doesn't mind (I think) our discussion. Yup! =)
As long as it's not going overboard, we're fine to talk hehe!
Fighting Game Bronies.
ReplyDeleteIt's getting a bit overboard.
ReplyDeleteYea, we better stop. Don't won't to get banned or anything, for going of topic, from these guys. We probably talk again later.
ReplyDeleteMay the Princess of the Night guide your way...
- Nightfall
Okay I have another question will this game have a training mode?
ReplyDeleteIf I'm not mistaken, Luna Fan is referring to this January when MLP:FIM was nominated as one of the games to participate in a Breast Cancer Research Donation Drive to decide what game would take the final spot at EVO (The Largest FIghting Game Tournament in the World).
ReplyDeleteYea I think that's what it was called. EVO.
ReplyDeleteGet banned? The team of Mane6 ban us? Oh you...unless we broke rules or anything, we won't get banned.
ReplyDeleteBesides they haven't said anything to us about going off-topic so there's no need to worry my friend.
Again, do you have an google account? If yes, I like to add you on Google+! It shouldn't be hard, just link me to your google+ profile and i'll add you! ^^
There we can talk more, yup!
If you don't have an google+ account but have an google account, it shouldn't be that hard to set one up! Just click on "You+" while on http://google.com/ and sign up!
I hope this helps!
Ah, see that's where I got confused. The only ever Fighting is Magic tournament was at Canterlot Gardens.
ReplyDeleteAs for the Evo donation drive, no. MrWizard liked Fighting is Magic, and he allowed it to be shown on the indie side of last year's evo. I highly doubt there's some kind of setup there.
Now that they have the Z-Engine, nothing is really stopping them from implementing one so I can't see why not.
ReplyDeleteEVO was a side tourney at EVO last year as well.
ReplyDeleteMrWizard likes Fighting is Magic and wanted to support indie fighting devs and gave Mane6 a shot by including them as a candidate for the 8th game.